The Live Here Love Here Small Grants Scheme (part of a wider programme aimed at promoting civic pride within communities and improving environmental quality) is now open for applications. Grants are available between £500 and £5,000. The scheme will consider projects which engage volunteers and community groups to deliver practical action and which meet one of the following objectives:
- improve the quality of the local environment;
- reduce litter and/or dog fouling in the local environment through effective and innovative means;
- develop the environmental management of a local area;
- instil civic pride within a community provided the focus is on environmental improvement;
- relate to environmental improvement in coastal areas or inland waterways;
- improve the health and wellbeing of communities whilst helping to improve and/or maintain public spaces.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 29 May 2019 and further information is available on LiveHereLoveHere’s website.