Guide to Planning Policy for Social and Affordable Housing
Communities seeking social and affordable housing in their areas will often find it helpful to understand the relevant planning policies and the criteria for identifying potential sites for development. In taking forward their ideas, communities will have to talk with the Housing Executive (which assesses the overall need for housing) and with Housing Associations (who build social and affordable housing).
- This introductory guide for communities:
- presents the definitions of social and affordable housing;
- outlines the main planning policies which apply to social and/or affordable housing;
- sets out the main criteria for a site for social and/or affordable housing;
- lists the organisations to contact when seeking social and/or affordable housing;
- provides details on how to obtain further information and advice.
As an introductory quide this does not provide all the details relating to social and affordable housing. If, having read it, you would like more information on any aspect or advice on planning policies for social and affordable housing, please contact us.