Community Places has many years' experience of facilitating and developing community and public consultation and involving people in their communities.
Our Engagement Services include:
- facilitating community and public consultation on planning and other public policy and infrastructure issues;
- providing engagement advice and training for public bodies on the development of their consultation and engagement strategies.
Examples of our recent work include:
- tailor-made toolkits for officers in the Causeway Coast and Glens Council on community engagement and for Belfast City Council staff on collaborative working;
- training for members and staff of all 11 councils and statutory partners on community planning and engagement;
- facilitating stakeholder involvement in the preparation of DSD's Regeneration and Community Development Policy Framework;
- public and community engagement in the development of town and village plans and spatial Area Development Plans.