Community Places has many years' experience of facilitating and developing community and public consultation and involving people in their communities.
Our Engagement Services include:
- facilitating community and public consultation on planning and other public policy and infrastructure issues;
- providing engagement advice and training for public bodies on the development of their consultation and engagement strategies.
Examples of our recent work include:
- tailor-made toolkits for officers in Causeway Coast and Glens and Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon Councils on community engagement and for Belfast City Council staff on collaborative working;
- development of community engagement strategies for Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon Council Community Planning Partnership and for Derry City and Strabane Council's Strategic Growth Partnership;
- Shaping Places for Everyone with Everyone (an engagement prototyping project funded by the Community Foundation for Northern Ireland);
- use of Place Standard to animate discussion and visualise place shaping processes;
- training for members and staff of all 11 councils and statutory partners on community planning and engagement;
- facilitating stakeholder involvement in the preparation of DSD's Regeneration and Community Development Policy Framework;
- public and community engagement in the development of town and village plans and spatial Area Development Plans.