OFMDFM's recently launched consultation on the Social Investment Fund will run until Friday, 23 December 2011. The Fund consists of £80 million over a four year period and its strategic objectives are to support communities to:
- build pathways to employment;
- tackle the systemic issues linked to deprivation;
- increase community services; and
- address dereliction.
The consultation document can be accessed on the OFMDFM website.
OFMDFM has now arranged a series of public meetings in order to hear your views (on the proposed operation of the SIF, including options for applying to the Fund, application and assessment criteria, how the Fund should be managed and the structures to support its delivery). The events will be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, 26 October 2011 at 7.00 pm (Holiday Inn, Belfast)
- Tuesday, 1 November 2011 at 7.00 pm (City Hotel, Derry/Londonderry)
- Tuesday, 8 November 2011 at 7.00 pm (Dunsilly Hotel, Antrim)
- Wednesday, 16 November 2011 at 7.00 pm (Killyhevlin Hotel, Enniskillen)
- Monday, 21 November 2011 at 7.00 pm (Civic Centre, Craigavon)
- Wednesday, 30 November 2011 at 7.00 pm (Town Hall, Newry)
You can register your attendance by e-mail (email@example.com) or by telephone (9052 2542 or 9052 0584).